Employment Opportunities Now Hiring: Operations Manager
Freedman’s is unlike any other, we don’t just sell products, we foster a tradition of quality craftsmanship with the finest materials and a commitment to excellence that dates back six generations in the equestrian world. Our US Operations Manager leads the operation thru this lens and creates an environment that delivers unforgettable customer service and top-notch sales.
As the US Operations Manager, you’ll lead and oversee all logistic aspects of our operation from head to tail. From inventory thru warehousing, strong relations with several key departments in the home office are essential as you lead operational decisions based on marketing and sales goals. You’ll communicate effectively with the team to maximize performance and overall operational optimization.
A level head and a calm, focused manner is essential in leading our logistics team. And no matter how busy it gets, you’re always focused on getting the team to work hard, work together to help exceed sales targets and maximize output. That’s the challenge as well as the reward.
- Lead and manage all day-to-day operations in warehouse from head to tail
- Manage hiring and training of employees for warehousing duties
- Work closely with Toronto based management team and Retail team in Kentucky
- Assist head office team with forecasting, purchasing, analytics and trends
- Manage inventory and warehousing both on-site and off-site
- Travel to core industry events throughout the year to assist with our pop-up displays
- Leads physical scanning, packing and moving of product for Pop-up horse shows and other events according to Merchandising Plan provided by Head Office
- Warehouse maintenance and organization
- Ensure that all merchandise and product received at the store is processed in accordance with established programs and procedures and that the department area is organized and maintained
- Perform and oversee daily shipping duties efficiently and effectively with close attention to detail to ensure that orders are properly picked, packed and shipped and arrive on time
- Processes incoming deliveries as instructed with strict adherence to proper counting, barcoding, shelving and stocking procedures
- Quality Control of inbound products received with reporting to head office
- Operates POS program to complete daily inventory paperwork
- Participates in cycle counts; carefully operates electronic Inventory counters to record data in POS program for adjustments/transfers
- Stays familiar with all current and new products and their marketing plans to ensure that there is stock to support the plans
- Maintains excellence in providing clear, timely and polite information to clients regarding shipments, damages and re-orders, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and achieve deadlines
- Experience working in fast paced environments where attention to detail is key
- Ability to adapt to change and accept responsibility
- Prior shipping/receiving experience – minimum 2 years
- Warehouse experience – minimum 2 years
- Retail experience – minimum 2 years
- Equestrian industry experience- minimum 5 years
- Thorough understanding of the horse industry
- Professional appearance- business casual attire required
- High level of organizational skills and ability to follow directions
- Must be able to physically maneuver and handle racks and carts of merchandise
- Standing and walking for long periods of time and climbing ladders
- Lifting of up to 50 pounds may be required
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Outgoing personality
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Problem solver
- Proficient at multi-tasking
- "GET IT DONE" attitude!
Excel, Word, Outlook, Inventory software preferred
Send your resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com.